August 23, 2009

What a Tease

Oh Mother Earth how you tease me. Today as I walked out the door I was delighted to be hit with a blast of chilly wind. It's cloudy and a chill in the air.
Fall!
You're finally here.

Oh wait, it's still August and this is just a tease. It'll be back up to 95 by Thursday.
I will however embrace today with a Pumpkin Spice Latte (not yet available to the non-Sbux workers) at work and imagine all the glory that fall will bring:Filling our house with the cinnamon scents of my all-time favorite candle.Bundling up in sweaters and scarves. And oh god yes, getting to wear pants, layers and boots.

Baking apple cobbler, chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin muffins among many other delights.

Hikes in a beautiful valley in the mountains full of aspens that burst into vibrant colors.

Corn mazes, pumpkin carving, Halloween parties.

Oh Fall, how I love thee.

1 comment:

bodaat said...

i love fall as well and it's funny b/c that is my favorite fall scent as well!