September 28, 2009

R.I.P. Game Night

I enjoy playing board games, cards and games in general. I have come to learn that not everybody can and/or enjoys taking part in this good clean form of fun as much as I do.

For example, a few friends were invited over for Monopoly (at Sir Sunderland's request). Three hours later, there we were.

I had hotels set up on one of my two monopolies and had weeded out the weak. It was between two of us, one of who had acquired another's assets illegally in a last-ditch effort of beating me. Arguments were had, shouting occurred and in the end it was silent.........

Game night was and is officially over. As much as it pains me to say this, I am coming to terms with it. I will continue to make Sir Sunderland suffer through card games with me, and there will of course be Catch Phrase game nights, but Monopoly and other card games are not to be had. I will miss you board games!

No comments: