September 11, 2009

A Not-So-Great-Haircut

I am extremely picky when it comes to my hair. I get bored and demand a new hairstyle so often it has resulted in pink streaks, blue streaks, black hair, bangs, no-bangs, letting a girlfriend cut my hair into a shag and of course, awful awful haircuts.

I found my perfect haircut, about a year ago. Short, a little sassy, and what I like to think, stylish. It is the first haircut I've kept the same for over 3 months.

Until recently.

I opted for big chunky bangs and asked my hairdresser to spice the rest up. Well, it ain't pretty folks. Short bangs and short hair don't look so hot.

Sir Sunderland has always been a haircut enthusiast, claiming he likes it if I like it. Not with this one. Just the other day he asked, "so when is your next haircut?" Good, god, I don't know but it can't come soon enough and I don't care if I'm the lady with the same haircut for 50 years, I love the old one and want it back!

9 comments:

bodaat said...

i just got a haircut last weekend and ended up with choppy short bangs instead of long side-swept. doh! good luck with your haircut!

Michelle (hometc) said...

There's just nothing worse than when they screw up your bangs! Stopping by from SITS :)

Design It Chic said...

for this reason i fear hairdressers like crap...still didn't find the perfect one!
Happy Tuesday!

*stopping by from SITS! come check our randomness!

Angela said...

I hate it when that happens! :) May your hair grow quickly so you can cut it again, the way you want! I found your blog via SITS and I'm so glad I did! I love it! The post content is fun and I really like your "About Me" blurb. I think you can tell a lot about people through those blurbs. :) I can't wait to read more! I became a follower, so I won't miss a beat! :)

Happy blogging!

Angela from Angela's Soliloquy

Mary K Brennan said...

Well, just know it will grow out. We've all had our share of those crazy haircuts. Another 6-8 weeks and you'll be back to gorgeous.

Taryn Zerner said...

CUTE! I love that you are always willing to try something new. I have had long hair for YEARS now, and can't bring myself to cut it short. Maybe a few layers every now and then, but nothing more than that. I do try to wear it in many many different ways, to change it up a bit.

The good news is...it's HAIR, so it'll want to grow back out! I bet your hair is adorable, it's just so new to you and Sir Sunderland (that's adorable) right now!

So glad I visited you from SITS. You have a fun blog, and I am happy to be one of your newest followers!

Love,
Taryn


P.S. I love your profile pic! That's just adorable.

Unknown said...

aww i hate it when i get a haircut I hate! I hope it grows out fast...although I am sure it looks great :) stoping by from SITS to say hi!

Anonymous said...

I got my long hair cut off years ago when my oldest was just 5. When he saw me, he said, "Don't ever do that again." We just moved, and I loved the hair "designer" LOL--She always made me feel fantastic! And, yep, I'd drive 3 hours to go to her again. I'm looking. However, after too many bad haircuts, I'm gun shy!

Have a blessed day:)

Bethany said...

Oh no! LOL...well at least it will grow back...I really liked my last haircut so I'm scared to try again. Heh!