October 7, 2009

Ghostly "Boo" Banner

With a new craft knife if hand, I was determined to create a Halloween banner. My original plan was to make this one from Allsorts but I got frightened by the circles and without a clue how I'd manage to cut them properly, I remembered this cute ghost banner I found awhile back.

I printed the files and got to work with my new craft knife. Apparently you need to practice using this thing? Good god, I wound up using scissors to cut the outside and made an attempt with my knife at the eyes. As you can see, it didn't go well.I then put it on my ribbon, horizontally and taped it to our bookshelf. I was unhappy with it but was hell bent on putting it up somewhere in this apartment. Inevitably, 30 minutes later the banner fell to the floor (scotch tape doesn't hold things well). I picked it up, put it on the ribbon vertically and fell in love with it!Et voila! My cute little ghostly boo banner with funky looking non-circle eyes. I figure someday I'll pull it out of our decoration box and look back on how far I've grown with my craft knife.

1 comment:

AngiDe said...

Very cute!!

Visiting from SITS!

I hope you'll come by and checkout my GIVEAWAY!
http://nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com/2009/10/little-jags-giveaway.html

Angie
Nana's Box