October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


The Little and I got together for a day of pumpkin carving. I bought the cheapest kits I could find and two large pumpkins and we got to carving. We gutted, picked out seeds and got inspiration from the internet. My inspiration came via Martha Stewart (of course) in the form of polka dots. The little's came from a vampire mouth we saw on one of the websites we browsed. The results?
She opted for no eyes to go with her mouth. Not sure why, but it's a pumpkin! While she was still scraping her extra juicy pumpkin out I got to baking the seeds. Mmmmm, I forget how much I love these things. As we carved the pumpkins she kept saying how much fun it was and I couldn't agree more.

3 comments:

Marmee said...

I was totally going to do the polka dots too!! I like it! Good job both of you!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. LOVE the polka dots. So great! Perfect fall project! Maybe we will do that this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Those turned out so well. I LOVE the polka dot one. Too cute!
pk @ Room Remix