December 18, 2009

A Month of Crafts in 3.5 Hours

On Thanksgiving weekend I went to Michael's with coupons in hand, ready to buy some craft supplies. I emerged $20 liter with a bag full of projects for the little and I. For one reason or another, we never got to them. So, tonight we did my month's worth of ideas.

First we painted our figurines for our snow globes.


The two jars I managed to save were huge pickle jars. They were a bit oversized but still worked. The Little's figurine wound up not sticking to the bottom and hers just ended up floating around, which she was happy about.
Next up: snowmen made out of styrofoam balls we found at a thrift store. I got out my craft box and we foraged for whatever we could.






These were my favorite thing we made. We went downstairs and picked some branches off a poor innocent tree to make their arms and they turned out too cute.
And finally, we made the gingerbread house (I got it from Michael's for only $4!).

Never again will I make a gingerbread house. They're a pain, you can't eat them and they never stick together. When I asked the Little if she wanted to take it home she said, "umm, no."  I can't say I blame her.
She stayed for dinner with Sir Sunderland and I and we all had a great time. She went home with a sad giant snowglobe and a cool styrofoam snowman. We won't be able to meet until after Christmas so I gave her her Christmas present. She was more excited about the $1 socks I have her rather than the Miley Cyrus cd. You never know with her. Cracks me up.
Tonight marked one of the first times she's ever said thank you. It used to hurt my feelings, but then I had to think about her upbringing and maybe she doesn't know or she's uncomfortable saying it. Whatever the reason, I got over it quickly.
It was a fun night and we enjoyed eachothers company while listening to Christmas carols and giggling while we did our crafts.

No comments: