December 1, 2009

Just Plain Rude

Today, while leaving work a guy I work with informed me that I
"have no life."
Yes, this is what he said to me. I believe it stemmed from me needing to leave work immediately. Now, this guy and I have a history of hating each other. He is disrespectful and just plain rude, but this? This tops the charts and I am still grappling at what kind of horrible human being thinks it's okay to say such a thing to anyone. When myself and a fellow coworker looked at him, astonished, he continued.

I have no life, all I have is my husband and my dog. My response was that I have a virtuous life full of family and love (trying to be silly, thinking he MUST be joking). No my friends, he was not. He continued! I then maturely called him a butthole and walked away. I then let the other girl know what he just said. She looked confused, until he came out, repeating himself, letting her know why he thinks I have no life as I walked out the door, upset.

He probably has no idea how rude he was or how he affected my day, as this has happened in the past. The thing is, I do not care about this person in particular. I do not care about his opinion of me. I do care, however when someone, anyone disrespects, belittles or harasses me. Actions will be taken as I do work at Starbucks and one of their main values is to respect each other.

For the record, I do have a life : )

No comments: