December 14, 2009

Snow + Lauren = NOT GOOD


Saturday marked my first official "I hate the snow" day.  Allow me to tell you why:


  • Sir Sunderland decides to go skiing today, thus needing my AWD Subaru. I drive to work at 5 am and safely park in the parking lot. Sir Sunderland comes at 9am and switches cars. I then take his Front wheel drive Honda Civic to the bank and post office then park on the street at work. This is where I get stuck. Go back to work, finish my day and head out, in a rush to pick up the Little. 20 minutes later (and late) with the help of a barista's boyfriend, I am off  pick up my Little. We somehow make it to and from her house to what's left of the party we were late to.


  • Take Sophie out to the bathroom, slip and fall on my knee. 

  • I go out to dinner and the Nutcracker with some girlfriends. After the show I went down the street to a girlfriend's house to check on her cat. I pet the cat, play with him and get in my car to leave. I then proceed to get stuck on her street. Phone call to Sir Sunderland, him and his brother show up to dig/push me out. 
  • Sir Sunderland and I get home, with arms full of things I slip, hit the spoiler of my car and land on my butt where I lay on the ground proclaiming, almost in tears "this is the worst day ever."

No comments: