January 1, 2010

Christmas Highlights

Best Food Item: Mom's cranberry sauce

Worst Food Item: The Hickory Farms sausage my Dad got as a gift. The cheap stuff was better.

 Most creative gift received: Uncle Rusty's lottery ticket (we're so going to be millionaires) & Mom's jar of Christmas spirit.


Best gift received: One very large white leather jewelry box that has spots for all kinds of jewelry.

Best Christmas moment: Being woken up by my nephew proclaiming, "Santa came! Wake up!"

Worst preparation moment: A minor meltdown at the grocery store when Sir Sunderland realized they didn't carry sourdough bread bowls.
           Christmas came and went. Time always seems to disappear too fast when visiting with family. Before we knew it there was no more time to play another game of Apples to Apples. No more time to play with my nephews, chat with my sister, joke with my Dad and hug my Mom. I could have stayed for a month, enjoying my family's company, but our life in Reno required us to return to it.


That's the problem with visiting with family. A problem I've had ever since I was a little girl, it makes me miss them that much more. Perhaps 2010 will provide us with more opportunities to get together. As for now, I will cherish my family and be sure to let them know how much they truly mean to me as often as I can. Love you guys!


No comments: