It was a slight mishap that happened with another employee that made me realize that nothing was going to happen if I didn't put at least a little effort into looking for employment elsewhere.
So I put the effort in, and it paid off! I listened to my heart and applied to places I was passionate about.
Today I accepted a position at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada.
Here are just a few perks I am looking forward to with my new job:
- Not having to wake up at 4:10 am
- No need for naps in the middle of my day (due to above mentioned wake up time)
- I can wear my wedding ring to work- the chemicals at Sbux not only burn my skin under my ring, but also tarnish the metal.
- Foot pain will subside - I massage my feet after work with an electric massager and they're still painful to walk on.
- I can paint my fingernails
- My hands will remain intact and I will save lots of money on intensive rescue clinical therapy hand lotion.
- Gone are the days of having 3,000 calorie drinks and 6,000 calorie pastries staring at me in the face.
- Anxiety levels will diminish with lack of intravenous caffeine.