The Little and I have been matched for almost a year now. That's the commitment you make when signing up for the program, one year. This poses the question, do I want to continue to be her Big? Last night I was weighing my pros and cons with Sir Sunderland (who remained un-biased the whole time).
- I only get 2 days a week off to be with my husband, the rest are spent at Starbucks until 9pm. One of those evenings are spent with the Little
- It costs money
- It is a constant source of stress, trying to figure out ideas for what we are going to do
- There really isn't a community surrounding Big Brother's and Big Sisters. I get a monthly email in my inbox and that's it
- There is no way to measure what difference I am making in her life
- Taking her to a Safe Halloween night dressed as a witch, getting her face painted, watching her bounce in the bounce house and get candy
- Her saying "Hey! Did you know we've been together for almost a year? February 5th, I have it marked on my calendar."
- The hug I get at the end of every outing
- Picking her up after summer vacation to see her with the same haircut as myself