September 14, 2011

Foyer Inspiration

Before we get to the super awesome beautiful gallery wall, lets discuss the foyer.

Let me explain my relationship with my foyer (yes, you can have one).

I thought it needed a table. Every foyer needs a foyer table, right?  I had grand ideas of treating the table like a mantle of the fireplace we don't have. You know, decorate it for the holidays, put candle holders and vases on it.

So I got a table over a year ago. I have no clue what to do with it. It's the perfect place for our digital picture frame, but aside from that, nothing. When I put candles, vases and frames on it it just looks cluttered.

We had leftover blue paint from baby G's nursery and I knew I wanted to use it somewhere downstairs. My original plan was to paint an accent wall above our couch. Then I put the color near the couch and realized that would be a mistake. The next place? The foyer wall.

Along with the blue wall, I wanted to do some embroidery hoop art I've seen floating around the interweb.  It just so happened that the coordinating fabrics I had in my stash had the exact same color blue in them. So I asked my Mom to keep her eye out while thrifting for some embroidery hoops and got busy pinning.

Here's what I found. Enjoy some inspiration and stay tuned for the big reveal (it sounds so exciting when you word it that way, doesn't it?).
















No comments: