April 2, 2012

The Great Easter Bunny Hunt of 2012

This weekend I was pumped to get a picture of Gwen with the Easter Bunny. The plan was to go after she woke up from her nap. As you can guess her nap lasted longer than usual and she woke up 30 minutes before the bunny festival was scheduled to end. We walked in as everyone was packing up, including the Easter Bunny himself. We walked out with three goodie bags, a baby dressed in her Easter best and no picture with the Easter Bunny. Luckily World Market had cute bunnies that she could pose with. I'll let you know that the sales associate said it was perfectly fine if I did so.

On Sunday we tried again. We got ourselves dressed and out the door by 9:30 am and drove to Learning Express Toys. We waited in the empty parking lot for the store to open. When asked if we needed any help I proudly announced we were there to see the Easter Bunny. The sales girl kindly let me know that that was happening at the other store on the opposite end of town. We drove 30 minutes to their other store, stood in a small line and finally met that freaking Easter bunny.


 I do believe that Gwen will forever be stone faced whenever put on the lap of a costumed adult. Have you ever seen a child happy as a clam on the lap of a character? I think that would be weirder than the upset ones.

Oh, and just because it's too funny not to share.

[caption id="attachment_3655" align="aligncenter" width="622" caption="That's me on the right, screaming. Do you think Gwen's my daughter? I can't tell."][/caption]

No comments: