October 16, 2012

The Obligatory Pumpkin Patch Trip {2012}

 

This weekend we finally made it out to a pumpkin patch. I used to drag my husband when we were child-less to the pumpkin patch back in our glory days.  I always wanted to do the things you do with children even if we didn’t have any, because I never really realized I was a grown up until this year. Some might find this cute, others may find it exhausting.  Anyways, he would begrudgingly come along as I demanded we go look at the farm animals, get stuck in the corn maze and take home an overpriced pumpkin.  Then finally one year he got relief when I took my Little instead of him.

Last year we actually had a real live baby, so when my mom came out for a visit I jumped at the opportunity to go to a pumpkin patch and really get those Fall traditions started.  We totally had fun, dammit.

This year when deciding which pumpkin patch to go to I immediately turned my nose up at Andelin Family Farm because of their $6 admission price. Never you mind that it’s right by our house, we went last year and loved it or that they have a cute little website. We weren't going to pay $12. No no no. So, to good ol’ standby Ferari Farms we went.

Gwyneth bounced in the bounce house until a little girl got pummeled by a boy and frightened Gwyneth with her wailing. We rode on the hay ride, tried to take cute pictures, got thoroughly grossed out by the livestock in their own filth covered in flies and left with itchy noses and runny eyes from the hay that was everywhere.

Needless to say, we’re paying the $6 at Andellin Farms next year. It’s worth every penny folks.

Have you gone to a pumpkin patch yet this year? Which is your favorite?

This weekend, while my mom is visiting (yay! can't wait!) we have plans to go the Pumpkin Palooza at Victorian Square. Have you heard about it? A pupmkin derby race, a costume parade and tons of other awesome stuff. It's put on by the Northern Nevada Center for Independent Living and looks to be like a ton of fun.

Isn't Fall wonderful?

 

 

 

No comments: