April 3, 2013

A Morning with Daddy

Gwen's daycare wasn't open yesterday morning so she got the privilege of spending the morning with her father. This meant that I got the privilege of receiving photo text updates of all their happenings.

Good morning.

Rolling in the grass like the dogs
Getting the car washed with very wide eyes.
And going on a lunch date with Daddy to his favorite little Mexican restaurant, El Volcan Taqueria, off of Sparks Blvd. and Prater. It's become our new go-to place for food when we don't want fast food or a sit down meal. We would highly recommend it. 

I find it very comforting to know that Jake is 150% capable of taking care of Gwen. I don't need to explain things to him, or tell him to make sure to put a jacket on her or any of that nonsense. In fact, sometimes he whoops me into shape on the parenting field. He's a top notch father who I'm honored to get to raise our daughter with. Days like this remind me of just how lucky I am to be married to that shaggy-haired young man who approached me at InterVarsity 10 years ago.

No comments: