January 4, 2010

A Revelation


     Our kitchen is yellow. Yellow walls with white cabinets. At first I immediately thought "we must change that." Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just that the only decorating option (or so I thought ) would be "country/farm/floral" which isn't exactly my cup of tea.  I was thinking along the lines of black and red. You know, like all those other sleek kitchen re-dos you see these days.
     Everyone who we came to the house with us strongly disagreed. Black? Red? My favorite was my grandma's reaction, "Now, you remember that avocado green and orange phase in the the 70s?" But no, I swore up and down that it would look great as I was imagining it.
     That was until today, when I was at Michael's spending my gift cards. I've always planned on getting some of those paper mache letters and decoupaging them to put on top of the pot shelves that cover the kitchen cabinets. As I was browsing through the scrapbook paper section it dawned on me.

     Red & White polka dots! Ahhhhh! How awesome is this going to be? Country/farm/floral is not at all the only options! Woot! Woot!

No comments: