January 6, 2010

Are we.....grown up?



     Have you ever had an eye-opening moment in life when a certain situation suddenly makes you feel your age and thank your lucky stars you aren't 20 again? New Years 2010 will be forever engraved into my memory as that moment.
     You see, one of Sir Sunderland's best friends had a party. His friends invited their friends and so on. We arrived to a  party reminiscent of our early college years. Drunk girls were running around, revealing their tramp stamps while putting on Brittney Spears. Inexperienced drinkers were puking in the bathroom. I listened to a friend of a friend whimper all night about her unrequited love, enough said.
     We stayed until midnight, told said friend that we'll get our crock pot later and ran as fast as we could, laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.
     When did this happen? Sometime in between graduation and marriage? It's weird to realize you've passed the stage of drunken house parties, drinking yourself into a stupor and barely making it out of bed the next day. Goodbye drunken antics at its best and hello quiet parties spent amongst your closest friends, drinking responsibly while playing games or watching movies. 
     One of the girls at the party mentioned how we just have to have a HUGE party at our new house. I'm sure her idea of a huge party isn't a nice dinner followed by Apples to Apples in my nice new "formal" dining room. Needless to say, she's not invited.

3 comments:

Masala Chica said...

I think every phase of my 20s was spent learning that I needed to be more appropriate for "the next level" - not sure what that means - but I definitely did get more responsible, less like a sorority girl gone wrong the first few years out of school. I think just going to bars when I was 28, 29 and realizing there was all this "new meat" and I was no longer queen bee.

Life now is sweet, lots of friends, lots of house parties, tons of booze ut things have changed. We all have children to get back to.

anyway. yes - don't invite her.
Kiran

Art of Ordinary Living said...

i can totally relate! the hubby and i are most content at home with our baby girls. enjoy your weekend.

stopping by from sits.

Rachel Cotterill said...

Your kind of quiet party is the kind I've always most enjoyed, even as a teenager - can I come and play Apples to Apples? ;)