January 16, 2010

Velvet...mmm...Cake...Mmmm...Balls

     As any new owner of a beautiful/amazing mixer would be, I am overzealous about baked goods now. While making my shopping list to get ingredients for the muffins, my sister sent me a link to Bakerella for her red velvet cake balls.
     You see, I have been in a pinch lately as Starbucks has been carrying cupcakes, my most recent baking success. Most every cupcake recipe yields 24 cupcakes and what is a married couple of two going to do with 24 cupcakes? Take them to work! Well, if there are already cupcakes at work, nobody ends up eating the ones I bring (or so I suspect). So I needed a new niche. Enter red velvet cake balls!

At first they totally looked like meatballs, so much in fact that I had to make sure Sir Sunderland was aware they weren't.

Enter "chocolate bark." It's actually called almond bark at Wal*Mart and oh sweet heaven. The most amazing chocolate melt you will ever eat. I'm not quite sure how she got hers to be so ball-like and no chocolate on the bottom where it rested on the wax paper, but I am a young grasshopper with much to learn from the master.

I can't wait to embark on the journey of cake pops, cupcake pops and all the cuteness, not to mention delicousness that is!

No comments: