February 1, 2010

Easy Ruffle Felt Heart Wreath


From the archives:


I came across this tutorial from Amy at the Idea Room and was intimidated. Cutting that many circles out of felt? Due to my fear of cutting circles out by hand brought on by an attempt at printed cupcake toppers, I decided it’d be too hard. Alas, I found myself drawn to it and all its beauty.



Well guess what! It’s super easy and fun!Felt is very forgiving so your circles look like perfection, no matter what. ¾ yard was perfect.  I had one or two extra circles even after filling in a couple of holes. It was an all night affair, beginning with the tracing of circles onto fabric, cutting them out and pinning.

I finished it in between dinner and watching TV. The quick pace of progress makes it easy to see what your goal is and how close you’re getting to your finished product.

When out buying your supplies, be warned that Michael’s, Dollar Tree and WalMart do notcarry the Styrofoam heart wreath. No matter how convenient those stores are (like 2 minutes down the street) you do have to go (all the way across town) to Joann’s Fabric for the heart wreath.



Cost of Project
Styrofoam Heart Wreath $3.99 org. price - 50% coupon available at store  $2
Straight Pins $2.79
Fabric ¾ yard @3.99/yd - $2.99
Total cost: $8!

 

::I'm linking up to these parties::

No comments: