February 13, 2010

Out with the Cuisinart

And in with the Kitchen Aid!
     You see, the Cuisinart wasn't exactly what wanted. I was in the market for a Kitchen Aid and there in the mixer section of Bed Bath and Beyond was the Cuisinart.  Technically speaking, the specs on the Cuisinart were impressive. A timer with an auto shutoff, 7 quart bowl, a fold feature. Never you mind that it wasn't red like I wanted, but it seemed like the better choice. To be honest, I was unaware it wasn't even a Kitchen Aid until I had it home (damn them for putting it next to the Kitchen Aids and making it look like one). Once I realized it was a Cusinart and not a true Kitchen Aid, I was sketchy until I compared the warranties.  Cuisinart 3 years to Kitchen Aid's 1. I decided to keep it.
     I used it earnestly.  The fold function was pretty neat when putting in  chocolate chips, however the top machine part of the mixer took up the entire bowl. When trying to add ingredients it was close to impossible. The tilt function sucked as it seemed automated (or sounded like it) and you had to hold the latch up which putting it back down.  Then the bowl started to rust and the mixing paddle was chipping, a month after I bought the thing. I had it.
     Down to Bed Bath and Beyond we went with Cuisinart in hand. 10 minutes later we came out with the beautiful red Kitchen Aid I originally wanted.
So far so good. The bowl has a handle and doesn't have a retarded design on the bottom that it can't dry. Sure there's no timer or fold function, but the simplicity of it is refreshing. And shoot, everyone knows a Kitchen Aid is THE mixer of any and all mixers. Now for some chocolate chip cupcakes!

No comments: