March 1, 2010

Rainbow Cupcakes

 
Rainbow cupcakes get a top score of four cupcakes. They were easy to make and look impressive. I topped them with my favorite butter cream icing, which is not only easy to make, but perfect for piping. Easy, wow factor AND delicious. Does it get any better than that?

I offered to make cupcakes for a friend at work's daughter's birthday party. When I was telling her the choices she chose rainbow cupcakes.  White cake dyed red, blue, green, yellow and purple then spooned into cupcake liners. 
 Putting the different colors into the liners made me feel like an artist. You know, the ones that throw paint at a canvas?
I have a question for you. Why is everything that's tailored to cupcakes for 12 cupcakes? Everyone knows a typical batch makes 24, so why is the cupcake holder I have or the princess wrapper kit I have for 12? Is it a marketing ploy to get us to buy two? I say this, but I always have a problem ever getting a full 24 cupcakes out of any batch, so maybe they're just leaving room for screw ups? Just something I wonder.



They were a raging success and tasted delicious, if I do say so myself.





No comments: