February 9, 2009

A Romantic Affair

The girls came over, equipped with Valentine's for the tea party. Each table setting got a little mailbox (Target had them in their dollar section, what a steal) with their name on it, and an invitation I reinvented into a Happy Valentine's Day card. I love any excuse to use our china and Kate Spade flatware and this was just the occasion.

We started with salad and tea sandwiches (cucmber, mandarin orange and salmon salad) and of course, tea. 2 hours later we had enjoyed the quiche, and my cop out of a dessert (Little Debbie heart cakes) and a ton of chocolate truffle tea. We opened our valentine's, laughed and enjoyed each other's company.
I love our tradition of tea parties as a way to get together. It's simple, inexpensive and not to mention fun. (*edited to add* I forgot to mention one little snafoo that had to happen. It was something along the lines of a kitchen fire started by a left on burner which ignited some loose quiche crumbs. It was under control and all was well within 15 minutes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best and most fun traditions ever!! Too bad I discovered it when I was already a grown up :)