November 19, 2009

A Cute Little Visitor

While Sophie and I went to the desert for her to do her morning business, a little poodle came running up to her. They sniffed, they romped around and then I noticed there was no owner. It followed us around while Sophie got to business, and still nobody. So, we had a visitor in our home today.
She came in and chased the bunnies while Sophie stared at her with disdain. I took pictures of her and printed out a flier to post around the apartments. We then all got into the car and drove around the apartments, taping fliers everywhere. Then we headed to animal control. They scanned her for a microchip, discovered there wasn't one, and that she was only a puppy. They took my information and we headed back home, still with puppy.



15 minutes later I got a phone call. The neighbor upstairs was missing a dog and had been knocking on doors all morning (really? cuz there was no knock on my door....). Apparently her friend came over with other dogs and they were all getting in the car and thought they had the adorable poodle with them. When they found out they came directly back to get her and couldn't believe someone had taken her already (I stood outside for a good 15 minutes looking for an owner). She was gracious and it seemed as if the dog was very well taken care of, it was wearing a Juicy Couture jumpsuit for pete's sake. But still, imagine telling a judge that when you're in court and you hadn't noticed you drove off without one of your children. She then said something along the lines of, "jeeze, I feel like I should give you money or something" which totally reminds me of this:

I of course said no, but really wouldn't mind some compensation for the 10 fliers I printed up and the gas money it took me to drive to animal control for the people. I suppose it's for the best, and the dog is returned back home to be put into lord knows what other kind of couture jump suits.

2 comments:

Just A Normal Mom said...

I think I had this same thing happen in my neighborhood. Had the dog all afternoon before someone finally showed up looking for it, swearing they were just about to put up fliers but hadn't seen the fliers I had PLASTERED around the neighborhood....
At least you kept the little thing safe! Good job!
***Ally

bodaat said...

i've had some bad experiences saving dogs and returning them to very ungrateful owners. ticks me off. but us dog lovers do it for the love of our sweet little canine friends. glad that you found the puppy! -x-