November 1, 2009

Happy November!

How was your Halloween? Facebook was full of pics of all the family in their costumes, all my nephews and cousins looked adorable. Sir Sunderland and I went to a party on Friday as "that guy and girl." You know, the scantily clad girl that drinks entirely too much at the party and the guy with aviators who's one big douche? Yup, that was us. Sadly we have no pictures of us from that night, but we had a blast. I used to hate Halloween with a passion until a few years ago. Now I love it and can't wait to get dressed up and see what everyone else puts together.Now, onto some sewing business. How in the hell does fusible interfacing work? Good god, I don't know if it's because I don't have an ironing board with a cover (traumatic bunny incident) or that the cloth I'm using isn't a "press cloth" (what is that anyways?) or maybe my iron's not hot enough. I don't get it!!!! I will try again tomorrow, on a real ironing board instead of my kitchen table. If that fails, I will then call my sister who will probably have an answer waiting for me, just like the cupcakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, a press cloth- People think it should be this piece on 100% cotten, washed and ironed that is ususally white b/c it can't have any dye on it. I use a white washcloth and it works out just the same. It basicly keeps you from letting the fabric get too hot and turning a nice brown color and also from letting anything that has once touched your iron bleed onto your new fabric. I used to not use one until I ended up with a huge iron mark on my quilts one time..Quite the emergancy! So when it says use one, USE IT!! But make sure to press down exctra hard and leave it on for a long time, otherwise, the other parts won't fuse toghether! Phew, enough sewing for me today!!