November 17, 2009

On Growing Up

Something about the age 25 has got me contemplating life. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my life, my family, the home Sir Sunderland and I have created. It's just that sometimes I don't feel grownup.

You know, like today when I was getting ready for a doctor's appointment. I wanted to look you know, nice. It was either my 10 year old chuck taylors or nasty ugg-like boots as far as shoes went. When peering through my closet for a shirt to wear, I came out with a screen print from Target. I left the house feeling like I was headed for my college classes, rather than a 25 year old on her way to the doctor.

This is not how I imagined myself at this gloriously middle-twenty stage. I always thought by now I'd be dressing like Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail, or the cool ladies on Ethan Allen commercials. Yet, here I am, wondering what in the sam hell I can pull together for a job interview this Friday. Something tells me I will need to go and get some boots. I feel as if having a nice pair of boots will 1.) get me hired and 2.)make me feel more like a grown woman.

4 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Stopping by from SITS. Good luck. I am almost 36 and I'm still figuring out how to pull it all together!! ;-)

bodaat said...

i'm 29 and in that wierd age range where i need to shift my clothes as well. it's a wierd transition/clothes age!

Jen said...

I know the feeling. I am ALMOST 30 but I feel like I am still 18...but with three kids. Weird. I don't think I fit in with the other 30 year olds.

Stopping by from SITS:)

Anonymous said...

I will go shopping with you...