December 3, 2009

Update on Jerk

I would first and foremost like to thank everyone for the lovely comments you left about the jerk at work. At the risk of sounding petty, I left out the facts about this guy in my first post. But now? Let's indulge, shall we?
  • 24 year old.
  • 6th year in college, band major
  • In the marching band, dating a color guard girl
  • Lives at home with his parents
  • Goes to the movies alone (that's cool once in awhile, but he goes ALL THE TIME)
  • Asked me and a few customers to come cheer him on at a karaoke competition
So, to recap, a 24-year old man in his 6th year of college who still lives at home.

I told my boss about the situation and let her know that it is disrespectful and can not go unnoticed. Her response? Document it. Oh glee! I get to write a story about how a barista was rude to me, and have it written down on his write up 6 months later. Wait, what? How do I know this? Because it's already happened! Not his first time disrespecting/belittling me. But wait! It gets better!

When I brought in the girl who was there, for backup she says this:
"Yea, I told him that wasn't nice. She has a life it's just not like ours."

Oh my goodness people. I'm older, more mature, married, etc. If they had known me in my "glory days" they would be the ones I made fun of. Just goes to show what people think of me and my awesome mature life, which I happen to love.

Loving husband who I get to spend each and every day with? Check
Awesome supportive family? Check
Friends who care and love me? Check Check

It was never a question of if I have a life or not. It's a question of why people feel this is acceptable to even THINK, let alone say aloud. Gives me the heeby jeebies and makes my stomach curl. The only thing I can do is lead by example, and let my husband kick that guys a$$, like he wanted to the other night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OBVIOUSLY this boy/guy/dooshbag hasn't a clue who he is talking to- He obviously hasn't has a Christmas in July or been to Oak Glen or Knotts Berry Farm with his Grandma or Disneyland on New Years Eve or Lake Mead with fried Chicken or got eggs filled with confetti from Alvera Street, or had a fabulous wedding or been to Houston to help his sister have a baby, or has a funk-a-delic looking dog or some kick ass parents who taught him not to be an ASS. He also does NOT have 2 adorable nephews who are so excited to see him they talk about him everyday. You, on the other hand, have all that and SO much more. :)

Unknown said...

Now I have to go find out what happened. He sounds like a real winner though... 6 years of college! You just gotta love that : )