October 18, 2011

Easy Candy Corn Popcorn

Last Christmas I made this uber delicous White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn. When I researched my archives to find the post I had surely written on this delicious treat, I was sad to see there wasn't one. I think it had to do with being nine months pregnant. Anyways, I have been patiently waiting to make it again. So when my girlfriend came over to watch Halloween movies I had my popcorn machine out and she brought a bag on candy corn. The next thing you know we're whipping up a batch of this:

This is no joke folks. I made myself  ill eating it. And the best part of all?
It's EASY.


  • Pop your (about 1/2 cup of dry kernels) popcorn. {I have an air popper, if you don't I don't see why some unbuttered microwave popcorn wouldn't work}



  • Put popcorn in large freezer ziplock bag, making sure to remove any and all un-popped kernels.



  • Melt white chocolate almond bark (2 squares) in microwave. I do it in 30 second intervals stirring in between until it's completely melted.



  • Pour chocolate over popcorn.



  • Toss in some candy corn



  • Shake



  • Spread out over wax paper to cool



  • Make yourself sick by eating only this sugary treat with a side of sugar cookie while watching Halloween classics like Hocus Pocus and Corpse Bride.


Tips
Please note this recipe can be eyeballed magnificently.


This would be perfect to put in a plastic baggie with a cute bag topper.

Or a great thing to bring to a Halloween party (it's coming to yours, Jessica) in a neat little bowl that doubles as a hostess gift.

Drizzling melted orange and yellow candy melts would also make this sweet treat that much cuter.

No comments: