January 9, 2012

My Love Hate Relationship with Trader Joe's



Oh Trader Joe’s, how I love to hate you so. Your store is teeny tiny and the yuppies who frequent you are too self-important to provide their fellow customers with the standard personal space required whilst shopping.

But then you have to go off and provide the world with the greatest treasure of all. Peppermint Joe-Joe’s.

The imposter candy cane Oreos or knockoffs found in the aisles of the corporate box stores just don’t compare to the delicious amazingness that is a Peppermint Joe-Joe.

It is worth the once a year pilgrimage to your Peppermint Joe-Joe glory.

Mark my words, however, once a year. Personal space is something not to be forsaken but for only once a year.


_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so on a silly note (because the above poem was anything but), I was too lazy to walk into my kitchen to get the box of Peppermint Joe-Joe’s to see the proper punctation for their title so I googled it. Upon googling, I discovered they have their own Facebook page. You bet your pants I clicked “like” and can’t wait to get their status updates.

No comments: