February 22, 2012

Things to Do When It's Cold Outside {1. Go to Target}



Somedays you just need too get out of the house. With our crazy Northern Nevada weather you can't always depend on the park to be a viable option so we need to get creative which is why we're starting a series of Things to Do When It's Cold Out. To kickoff the series we are starting with one of my all-time favorite things to do when cabin fever strikes,

Go To Target


I personally find going to Target to be an adventure comparable to Disneyland. Now that I've got my shopping habits under better control it is a safe place to go, pick up a pretzel or popcorn, pop the baby in the basket and  spend some quality time browsing. For some reason it's different than any other store and it really does fulfill that need for an escape.

At Target you can:

[caption id="attachment_2678" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Check out this year's latest bathing suits. Polka dots with ruffles and matching cover ups? Yes please."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2680" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Imagine dressing your daughter up like Carrie Bradshaw in Paris."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2681" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Treat yourself using the change you dug up from around the house and have a coffee with your cutie."][/caption]

My husband thinks I'm nuts anytime I talk about Target as a source of entertainment but I know I'm not the only one who feels this way about the place (Lee La La wrote about it here and also Thrifty Decor Chick wrote about it here, to name a few).  It will be noted that I rarely ever actually buy anything but will always leave having eaten either popcorn or a pretzel from their food court and come out quite refreshed. Except for the day I drug the family there after already grocery shopping at Walmart. That was not the same.

But seriously, this tops the charts as one of my all time favorite things to do when it's cold outside and you need to get out of the house. And I mean, you can always pick something up that you needed and find something you never knew you needed. Insert Target Dollar Spot plug here, if they were paying me to, which they aren't, but still, why is that section such a magnet for stuff you need but don't need?

Stay tuned for more ideas on things to do when it's cold outside. Where do you like to go when cabin fever strikes?

No comments: