June 26, 2012

Monkey’s Emergency Surgery

You guys thought I could possibly not have anything more to say about stuffed animals, didn't you?

In true karmic fashion, as I typed up last week's post about Gwyneth's favorite stuffed animal, he was left in the backyard where a certain dog chewed up his foot. Upon discovery the next morning it caused quite a riff in the little 17-month-old's daily routine.



She was so wrecked with concern that she wouldn't do anything else but hand him to me with this "fix it, mommy face" quite similar to Puss & Boots  in Shrek.

So we took him upstairs to the operating room sewing machine.



I wasn't going to post this picture because there is entirely too many embarrassing things to even cover. However, I feel like I would be a big fat liar when I said I like to be real in the Reno News & Review interview I once did, so here it is everyone. It's being used to really show the concern on that child's face as opposed to my wardrobe choice, saggy boob and mess of a room. Focus on the baby! The baby!



She stood by his side for the entire operation, which was a hatchet job seeing as I was flustered and taking photos of the baby to capture the ridiculousness of the entire event.



It took her 2 hours to finally get used to his new style of foot, which trust me she noticed.

Needless to say, we looked it up on Ebay and found a few replacements for the low price of $20. We'll just keep a better eye on him and not leave him in such a dangerous place like the backyard from now on.

**************************




 

 

 

 

This post brought to you by:



I used to think we were competitors. You know, since they have a local events calendar, business directory, classifieds and blog-like articles. Then I realized they've got a team of editors who are mothers like myself and contributors and have developed quite the extensive resource for our area.

So, here I am, telling you to go visit them. Their events calendar is bananas helpful and the people who run it are sweet as pie (always helpful).

 

 

No comments: