June 8, 2012

Musings of a Married Couple (Where I Realize It's Time to Stop Whining)

someecards.com - I genuinely care about whatever it is you've been complaining about for the past hour.

I remember awhile back reading one of my favorite blogs, Whatever by Meg Deurksen, you should check it out. She was getting a little whiny and you could hear it in her daily posts. I was a little annoyed but continued reading, because that's what you do. Eventually, she wrote that her husband commented that she had been writing about her feelings a lot (amazing what google reader is capable of, I just found the post here). As I read it, I felt relieved. It wasn't just me feeling it as a reader, she really was just whining via her blog. Apparently that's what happens we write about our lives. Just like life, it isn't always pleasant and a blog should reflect that.  From that day on her whining seemed less annoying and more "real."

I'm sure you can guess where this is going. Last night as the husband and I got ready for bed I began my usual nightly blabble.

"I feel like my blog is a bit overdramatic nowadays. I think it's my style of writing, but I don't know. You know?"

"Yea, you're right"

"Right about what? Is my blog overdramatic? Oh god, is it whiny? I think it's been kind of whiny"

"Eh, eh, it's been a little overdramatic lately."

End scene.

Sometimes life just calls for a little drama. Or perhaps me writing in an overdramatized tone helps me process things? Either way, I realize that the sky is not falling,contrary to what my posts about daycare, going back to work and being overwhelmed might say. Rest assured.

That being said I'd like to thank everyone for the outpouring of help with the daycare situation. We have a nice list of people to call which means more choices and opportunities. Thank you everyone, I appreciate the support and help, even if my post about it was a bit overdramatic, ha.

someecards.com - Whats on my To Do List today... 1) Check Email, Facebook, Pinterest Twitter, Youtube, Blog 2) Eat Lunch, Play Farmville, & take Nap 3) Bitch about not getting a thing done

No comments: