June 13, 2012

The Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings

Over the weekend my mom came to visit. She recently bought herself Pioneer Woman's latest cookbook so naturally we planned our entire weekend's menu out of the book. Have you heard of her? If not, I strongly recommend becoming familiar with her stuff as it is all the rage these days. That and she's hilarious.

When my mom sent me her selections for the weekend complete with a shopping list, I noticed Mt. Dew on the list. I didn't see where that fit in to blueberry lemon pancakes, chicken parmesan and apple dumplings. Oddly enough, it was for the apple dumplings.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Image via Pioneer Woman Cooks"][/caption]



They were delicious. So much so that when I saw an empty casserole dish in the sink I immediately freaked out about where the leftover dumplings went. And so good that I went to a girlfriend's house for dinner and refused to bring the last two dumplings because I didn't want to share.

Click on the link below and the recipe is right on the interweb. Most of her recipes are, you don't even need the cookbook, even though the pictured instructions are awesome. Lemme know what you think!

Apple Dumplings | The Pioneer Woman Cooks | Ree Drummond.

No comments: