June 23, 2012

What the Bible Pics Are All About #SheReadsTruth




I'm a fan of Gussy Sews. She's cute, reminds me a little of myself, her blog is cute and her ruffles and shop are an inspiration to everyone who's ever attempted to sew by themselves. She went on a mission to Africa and has had a lot of chit chat about God, the bible, etc. going on in her blog since her return. She and her friends started a website, www.She ReadsTruth.com which is dedicated to reading the bible daily, in a non-scary, accessible, fun, make you think, internet community kind of way.



This isn't something I thought I wanted to do, seeing as I don't understand the bible, it's word and struggle with believing in Jesus. 

Religion and me is a sticky subject. I'm not going to get into it and spare you the details, but let's just say I have a very hardened, skeptical heart when it comes to it. That being said I've always been curious, open and optimistic that someday, somehow I'd figure out how to mix, discover and mold religion into my life. I've had faith that somehow the bible, god, Jesus or no Jesus and prayer would make sense. We've been frequenting a church we like, the daycare we've chosen for our daughter is in a church, but that doesn't make me or us religious. I'm still confused, still have questions, still not 100% about Jesus. 

Don't worry, I'm not going to get all preachy and Jesus-y on you. But I am going to say this.

I have loved every minute of this "bible study" if that's what you want to call it. It is one of my favorite parts of my day and molds my days into happy, cheerful days filled with optimism. It has been the longest I've actually followed through with just about anything, I'm on Day 11 people, 11!



So, when you see all these pictures of my orange bible gifted to me from a very handsome boyfriend before I left to study abroad, and photos of stick figures or diagrams I've written, that's what it's all about. Me learning to soften this hardened heart of mine, with thanks to women who have used the internet and blogging to enrich the lives of others. Awesome.


No comments: