August 2, 2012

Insta-Friday be Back

20120801-201634.jpg
Over the weekend we attended an event that was honoring a dear family friend of ours. Gwen joined us. She was apparently high on crack that night as she ran nonstop for 3 hours straight only to stop and take a break on this chair to clap with everyone else. You can see the crazy in her eyes that resembles the crazy that her parents smoked earlier thinking that taking an 18 month old to an event with dinner and speakers past her bedtime was a good idea.

 

[caption id="attachment_5311" align="aligncenter" width="450" caption="And then the kid didn't fall asleep for the hour long car ride that started 2 hours past bedtime! Contrary to what this picture might look like, she's not asleep in my arms. She's wide awake, 3 hours past her bedtime, interacting with stories. It was nuts. She had the nerve to wakeup only an hour past her usual wakeup time the next morning too."][/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="The garden is coming along nicely. There's a pumpkin plant my MIL gave me and this thing is taking over. The leaves have doubled in size since I took this picture."]20120801-201648.jpg[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Our very first sign of something other than greenery! It's the beginnings of a pumpkin. On that note, I'm sad to report that gardening has, if anything, shown us how little knowledge we have in regards to how vegetables grow. It's a little unnerving when we're asking eachother how vegetables grow and having to google it to find out."]pumpkin.jpg[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="This was my after lunch snack the other day. Apparently when I'm in the realworld I can't control myself in regards to soda. I think I've had one almost everyday since I've started working. Damn you soda!"]sugar.jpg[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="This is Gwyneth patiently waiting for her breakfast, saying "chezzzz." It is my attempt at taking more pictures of her as there has been a huge decrease lately. This could be attributed to me working, of course, but snapping a pic results in a screaming fit because she wants to get her grimey hands on my phone or camera. So I suppose if you combine the two, you've got yourself a recipe for less-pictures of the cutie-patootie."]cheese.jpg[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="Watching Daddy mow the lawn. Allow me to tell you the story of our grass this year and how I downright tried to kill it because I thought my husband didn't know what he was doing. Turns out he had quite the elaborate sprinkler timing system that had been researched and tested. I went in and screwed it all up with all my "womanly know-it-all power" and damn near killed the grass. He"]watching daddy.jpg[/caption]

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="300" caption="I was working with my co-workers and stopped to get a snack. They went and grabbed their respective yogurts while I busted out an entire egg sandwich. Full detailed blog post on how you can cook an egg in a coffee cup in the microwave coming soon."]egg sandwich.jpg[/caption]

No comments: