November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

20121125-203742.jpg

We packed our bags and headed to sunny Southern California where we were greeted with warm temperatures and eager family. Wednesday we hung out at my grandparent's house with my grandparents and quickly realized how un-child friendly the house was. Gwyneth capitalized on that fact, breaking free beyond the bonds of baby gates and running up and down a long hallway day in and day out.

20121125-203758.jpg

Then Thursday came where we were greeted with Uncles, Aunts, Cousins and the likes. Gwyneth ran around like she owned the joint and enjoyed dinner while she sat alongside her grandma, playing contently for the longest I've ever seen her sit still for a meal.

We got to see friends and family I haven't seen for years, and boy was it nice to see every single one of them and play Catch Phrase for endless hours.

And it goes without mentioning I got to eat my grandfather's great Thanksgiving spread. His appetizers.....shrimp covered in cilantro and lemon marinade, his jalapeno jelly. Mmmm. Oh yes, there was turkey and all the trimmings too, and cauliflower covered in emmenthal cheese. When I was a little girl I used to hate his gourmet cooking, but now, as an adult I looked forward to gourmet carrots au gratin or italian sausage stuffing.

20121125-203808.jpg

Then on Friday we went to our traditional day-after Thanksgiving movie with my Mom's side of the family. We left the baby with her grandpa and opted for James Bond, which was a good one.

Afterwards we came back to the grandparents where the cousins played and Gwyneth got to meet the aunts and cousins her mom grew up with.

We boarded the plane on Saturday and were home with plenty of time for naps, grocery shopping and maybe not so much Christmas decorating. We got the boxes down, that counts for something.

It was a nice, stress-free holiday with great company, great family and humidity, which did wonder for our curly hair.

 

No comments: