December 10, 2012

A Night Out At The Ballet



Well, hello everyone. I kind of took a little break from this space, didn't I? Turns out I'm in a bit of a funk, and I have learned that when I'm feeling this way it's best not to sit down and force myself to write something. This has always led to a post I cringe at when re-reading it a year later. So I kept my bahumbug spirits away from this blog until something came up that would be worthy of blogging. And what luck! This weekend turned out to be just that.

You see, in September my MIL gave me and my brother-in-law's girlfriend tickets to see the Nutcracker as well as a dinner out as our birthday gifts. She even drove up from Gardnerville and babysat the little munchkin for us.

We got all gussied up and hit the town. As I kissed Gwyneth goodbye she squirmed out of my grasp only to run over to see what her Grammy was up to. We were chump change since the arrival of her Grammy and it was bittersweet. On the one hand, I'm glad she's not so much of a mama's girl anymore as nothing brings on that mom guilt worse than an infant screaming as you leave. On the otherhand, would it be too much to ask for a little emotion in regards to her mother leaving her? I digress.

After dinner with a poor waitress who was in the wrong profession and was comically terrible, we headed over to the play. Our seats were in the section AA, as in in the front, center row, in front of the front row.

 Guys, this picture was taken with the camera sitting on the stage. No joke. It was like we were in the ballet and could see every last detail of every single pair of insanely thin tightsof each man dancing on stage.  It was pretty cool.

But wait! The fun didn't stop there! The next morning we woke up all the college kids and went out to breakfast, at Peg's Glorified Ham & Eggs in Sparks. It was delicious.


 And seeing as this is now the third time I've had to re-write this post, I think it's best if I just hit publish and let you know that perhaps my funk has passed. Or at least there won't be further declarations that I think Gwen only really needs a pack of twistable colored pencils in her stocking and Christmas decorations aren't necessary this year. I know, right?! What's that about? But as true testament, the house is decorated and Gwen's stocking stuffers have been purchased. And there's more than just a pack of pencils.

No comments: