December 12, 2012

I'm a Freelance Writer


Once upon a time I sat down and thought about what I truly want to do with my career. If money weren't an option, if children didn't exist, if I didn't have a degree in Journalism based advertising, if I just followed my heart, what do I want to do?

Writing came to mind, as it always does. With the guidance of my career-counseling husband (that's not his job in real life) I came to a conclusion, I want to be a freelance writer.

Nowadays, I write for the Reno-Gazette Journal on occassion. You can read my latest article that was in yesterday's newspaper, on those glorious, outstanding chocolate chip cookies I've been obsessed with by clicking on the link below. It goes into a lot more detail about the affair I've had with them and where it began.

Surefire chocolate chip cookies


And please, leave a comment, I'd really appreciate it.

20121212-123510.jpg

In the mean time I've apprently taken the term "freelance" to heart, adding graphic designer as well as web designer to my freelance repertoire. It's been a lot of fun, getting paid to write and using the skills I've been honing over the past few years.

What about you? What would you do if nothing else mattered?

No comments: