March 4, 2013

Wash-Dry-Fold-Repeat

Well everyone, I did it. I tackled that laundry beast with grace and dignity. On Saturday I hit it hard from the moment I popped out of bed. It was sorted and started before the baby even woke up, 5 loads sitting on top of the washer and dryer. And then I took my time getting it done as life happened all around us. Slowly but surely those piles were disappearing.

There were a few additional loads that popped up, like swimsuits and towels from a swim lesson as well as table linens from dinner, but by golly, we got through them. Come Monday morning everything was folded and in its proper place. Even the blanket that the dogs had taken to using as a bed since it had been left on the floor for a month. Washed! Dried! Folded!  

And now there is order in our home once again. Getting dressed this morning was a breeze. I didn't have to run downstairs to search for a particular item of clothing and didn't have to rip through baskets of clothes to find a sock. It was amazing how much of a difference it makes. 

I can make some bold statement here saying I'm going to vow to do a load of laundry everyday so this never happens again. But come on, it's really just laundry, that I have happened to create two posts about. I'll do what I can to not run away from it for weeks, but it's not the end of the world if it piles up. Life is just easier when it's not, right? 

Also, I saw these cute laundry-related printables from 30 Handmade Days and thought I'd share. My favorite is the never ending story one.