May 14, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This weekend included my mom, a garage sale, Great Gatsby, an out-of-this world brunch, naps and a large family get together.  It’s been three days and I am still fantasizing about the lobster eggs benedict I had for Mother’s Day brunch. I’ve been wearing my robe I got every second of every day, have gotten pretty deep into Maya Angelou’s new book my mom gave me and now know what Gwen's birthstone is, which is ever so sweetly dangling off my neck in form of a lovely necklace with her name on it. Plus, I got to spend Mother’s Day with my mom for the first time in years, which is always good for the soul.

It was a marvelous Mother’s Day weekend and I’m plum exhausted. Getting to do the things I want to do, taken out and showered with gifts can really wear a girl down. That and being pregnant, working full-time, living in a home without a kitchen and maintaining a regular weekend social calendar will do that to you. 

We’re gearing up to make our way out of what is apparently the busy season and into a blissful and hopeful month without any plans. Meanwhile we’re praying to the insurance gods above that we can finally get our kitchen back in working condition before a little bundle of joy is dropped off on our doorstep. 






As Jake's taking photos of us outside he says "Lauren, change your face, the sun's not that bright" to which I look at the photos to realize, he's right. It wasn't that bright outside, I'm just pregnant and have gained 20 pounds. Thanks husband!

No comments: