March 7, 2010

Thin Mint Cupcake (fail)

 
A big old goose egg for this cupcake concoction. I got the idea from Pleasant Home's Mint Cookie Cupcakes but made some revisions. I substituted my favorite chocolate cupcake recipe (off the back of the nestle cocoa powder box) for the boxed cake mix. And instead of the grasshoppers I figured it's Girl Scout cookie season, why not use the real thing? Thin mints!
  
Yup, not a good idea. These things were disgusting. To top it off Sir Sunderland requested cream.......cheese........ frosting. 
 
My stomach is still a little queasy. I don't know what it is, but the thin mints, the rich chocolate and good god, that cream cheese frosting did not mix well.  Eh, it sounded good, but lesson learned. Don't go throwing whatever you want into cupcakes! It's a science people, a science!

No comments: