April 12, 2013

Night 4: Don't Be A Grumpy Butt

Yesterday morning I was in the foulest of moods. We just got news that while our floors were drying the wall behind our water heater was still getting wet somehow. Turns out a pipe has been leaking as well as the water heater. Not the end of the world, just not exactly the news you're looking for.

When I walked into the office after a commute spent discussing our situation and possible solutions, I was nearly in tears and ready to curl into a ball when asked, "how are you today?"

I wanted to whine to anyone who would listen, and destined to see out my grumpy attitude for the day. The funny thing is is that this is not tolerated in my office. I work in a fun atmosphere that gets sillier by the minute and yesterday was no exception. By the time lunch came my grumpy attitude had all but disappeared and I found myself sitting in front of the capital building in the sunshine with birds chirping and tulips blooming. Funny how that works, eh?

And it wasn't just coworkers who unknowingly raised my spirits, it was also my dear friends and family who have had us over for dinner, offered their homes and showered us in nothing but support.

Don't get me wrong, being misplaced for a few days while our home gets repaired isn't the worst thing in the world, I know this. But sometimes you just have to feel sorry for yourself. It's taken years of therapy to realize the fine line between a healthy feel sorry for yourself and an unhealthy one that can turn ugly in a flash. Today was a day it didn't get the chance to branch into the unhealthy and boy am I glad it didn't, because really it's not the end of the world. Water heaters break all the time, the fans will be out of the house tonight, we have our nice hotel room until tomorrow and then as backup we have a friend's house we're welcome to crash in when needed.   Meanwhile, we've been camping out with my girlfriend and her family while Gwen plays and they feed us before we retreat back to our hotel. I mean, it might be a little stressful but it could be worse.

So, here are a few pictures of things that have made me smile throughout the week.









Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That a girl! Everyone is entitled to feel any way they want and you've got the right attitude.